I am in Columbus now spending time with family and enjoying every minute of it. Family sure does remind you of how beautiful life is and, in my case, how there are people that support and love you no matter what. Unconditional love, unconditional support. Living in New York City the past 8 years has been both a blessing and a challenge. A blessing because I live above the best pizza restaurant in town 🙂 and a challenge because I am so far from family. A blessing because I worked in extraordinary places and a challenge because I am midwest-at-heart. A blessing because I discovered yoga asana and a challenge because I never felt completely settled. I decided to take a few weeks away from the city to re-connect. It has been so wonderful to:
- see my nephews football game and watch my brother lead the team as the head coach.
- spend a night with my sister-in-law, Toni, drinking wine and laughing over recent vacation photos.
- open up and be real with my Dad.
- babysit my little niece Vivia and teach her the word “sheep” and almost getting her to say “nenna”.
- blast music and dance around with my Mum.
- watch as Luca, Gianna, and Marissa jumped into the back seat of every car I test drove saying – “get this car, Auntie Jenna!”
- stop by my brother Nathan’s house to find a fresh, homemade vegetable lasagna being pulled out of the oven -(thanks, Jen!).
- enjoy a night of Banks, drinks, and wonderful conversation with my brother Jeremy and his wife Lara.
- Talk to my Mum in person every day versus over the phone.
Speaking of family….my friend of 26 years, Jeanne, got married to a truly remarkable man a few weekends ago. I have been working on the images and wanted to share a few that are close to being ready. There are many more but it will take some time. I really enjoy wedding photography! It was a beautiful ceremony and a celebration I will remember forever.