It’s the final week of the 30 Day cleanse! Yes, that’s right – Thursday is officially my completion day. That means 30 days with no sugar, gluten, dairy, or alcohol. Whew! I will be honest and tell you I did cheat, ONCE, but it was well worth it. I indulged in a few glasses of champagne to celebrate my parents visit to NYC at my favorite restaurant, Miss Lily’s. I mean, do you blame me?
I am thrilled to report I recently purchased a new Breville Juicer which has been an absolute delight. It will end up saving me so much money! I figured it was time to make the investment in my health and decided, after much research, to go with the Breville. I love it! You literally throw anything and everything in and it turns out delicious! My favorite concoction thus far is the “Green Machine” which consists of pear, apple, kale, spinach, celery, lemon, lime, carrots and ginger. Stay tuned for more posts about the wonders of juicing!
- My farmer’s market salad with fresh tomato, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsalmic
- The new Breville Juicer!
- Little Layla preparing for a walk outside
- Pink, blooming roses from my favorite street vendor on Sixth Avenue and Houston.
- Soup preparation: chopped mushrooms, leeks, onions and thyme for Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Almond Milk Latte with Cinnamon (yum!)
- Superette’s Power Smoothie: mixed berries, banana, kale, almond butter, almond milk
- Sharing a Green Machine Juice with my good friend and neighbor, Paula